February 15, 2007 by dennis
According to an Apple patent application that appeared just today on USPTO.gov, the company developed a docking system, comprising:
- A portable electronic device capable of operating in multiple orientations including vertical and horizontal (that’d be the iPhone).
- and an [Apple iPhone] docking station configured to mechanically accept and operatively interface with the portable electronic device in any of its multiple orientations including vertical and horizontal.
In a nutshell this will be quite useful for watching TV on the iPhone, since one will be able to set the device in landscape mode. Another cool feature is that it apparently could charge the iPhone wirelessly, using induction.
- iPhone’s Touchscreen May Infringe on a Sony Ericsson Patent
- Blue Raven Maestro 1070 iPhone speakers docking system
- New iPod/iPhone Apple battery patent
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!