August 12, 2007 by dennis
A new program for the Apple iPhone was released by the underground iPhone programmers/hackers community.
The program in question is called iPhoneBrowser, and it allows you to browse your iPhone’s contents directly from your Windows machine.
* GUI based, Drag and Drop support for multiple file upload (no folder drops or new folder creation yet)
* Right-Click Save as for any file
* Automatic preview of text files, png (non-Apple) and jpg files
* Backups of existing files, both manually and automatically, to your local hard drive
* Replace a file with any named file, and it will rename properly (i.e. right click new-mail.caf, select “Replace file”, and select your own named aiff file and the program will backup the existing new-mail.caf with a timestamp, upload your aiff as new-mail.caf)
* Delete any file (automatically backs up file before deleting)
NOTE: a newer version of iPhone Browser is now available: please download iPhone Browser v1.52 instead of the version you see below.
Direct download (old version):
- iPhoneBrowser for Windows (260KB) by cranium
Note: if you have a Mac machine, use iFuntastic v2.5.0 instead — it has an in-built iPhone browser.
- iPhoneList v0.9.1.40 iPhone file browser (Windows)
- iPhoneList v0.9.8.70 iPhone file browser (Windows)
- iPhone Browser v1.52: browse, upload, and edit files on your iPhone
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!