August 14, 2007 by dennis
Whereas unlocking your iPhone with SuperSIM required an external card reader/writer and a blank SIM card, this new method only uses your iPhone and the TurboSIM card. Those who tried this new method say it works on any carrier.
This information was posted on the forums of Turbo SIM’s maker Bladox, as an update/correction to a previously open thread on this topic posted on hackint0sh, a popular forum for the iPhone hackers community.
And while the legality of TurboSIM’s creators’ posting of this information is questionable, the TurboSIM unlock seems to be the easiest and most efficient way of unlocking your iPhone wherever you are – Canada, Europe, Australia, or Asia…
For more info read this thread on Bladox’ forums or this thread at hackint0sh. Turbo SIM costs €59.00 (USD $80) at Bladox’ store, although at the moment they’re experiencing a huge load of orders, so delivery will take longer than usual. Also the important part of the instructions is reposted below.
Here is yet another untested, unknown to work, not iphone nor att specific, etc. version, see http://www.bladox.com/pub/applesaft-0.92.tar.gz
It should follow the scenario described above:
1. use with A card to get IMSI, ICCID – go to menu Apple Saft->Show to see values (you may write it down), then Apple Saft->Set
2. use with your card
So no cloning, reader, anything else is needed.
Originally Posted by Zf_
so here we go for a quick one
First, your phone must be activated (with the AT&T SIM), jailbreaked, and with SSH and vim. Refer to previous tutorials to do that
- Download the port of Bladox utilities http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show…5&postcount=16 on your computer, extract it on your computer (you need the binary file turbo-app)
- Download AppleSaft 0.92 from Bladox (see the link on their forum, don’t remember it), extract it on your computer (you need the .trb file)
- Turn on your phone with Turbo SIM + AT&T subscription
- Disable CommCenter – ssh to your phone, vim /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist add
for example add it just after these lines, already present in the file
If you don’t like vim, you can do this modification on your desktop computer (iPhuc/iPhoneInterface getfile, modify the file, and putfile)
vim ultra light survival kit
i : insert mode
ESC : command mode (from insert mode)
dd : delete the current line (in command mode)
:w! : save (in command mode)
:q! : quit (in command mode)
- Copy turbo-app to your phone (for example in /opt/bladox)
- Copy applesaft.trb to your phone (for example in /tmp)
- ssh to your phone, set the executable permission to turbo-app (chmod a+x /opt/bladox/turbo-app) and run it with /opt/bladox/turbo-app /tmp/applesaft.trb. It should take approximately 30 seconds and you shouldn’t see any error. Please panic if you see one
- Reenable CommCenter – ssh to your phone, vim /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist and delete the lines you added previously
- Go into Settings/Phone/SIM Applications/Apple Saft and choose Set
- Turn off your phone
- Turn on your phone with Turbo SIM + your subscription and test
- Free manual iPhone software unlock
- iPhone TurboSim 2008 – Taiwanese engineered edition
- TurboSIM iPhone unlock tool costs $500 on eBay
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!