March 29, 2008 by dennis
Another neat new program (actually, two of them) popped up online for complete GUI iPhone unlocking and jailbreaking. Both of the programs (one is for Mac, the other is for Windows machines), just like ZiPhone, can unlock any existing and currently available iPhone firmware version (from v1.0.0 to v1.1.4 — it can also jailbreak the iPod Touch).
The programs provide a nice clean, user-friendly interface, and can also fix the no EDGE/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth problem some may have run into. It even automatically shuts down iTunes and detects which type of device is connected (iPhone or iPod Touch), and then changes the settings accordingly.
- iLibertyX Mac iPhone unlocker (18MB) – visit the project page for more info and screens
- iLiberty+ Windows iPhone unlocker (23MB) – visit the project page for more info and screens
- Download: redsn0w (Mac / Windows) iPhone 2G / 3G, iTouch jailbreak / unlock hack for firmware v3.0
- Download: redsn0w v0.72 (Mac / Windows) firmware v3.0 iPhone 2G / 3G, iTouch jailbreak / unlock tool
- Apple iPhone unlock, iPod Touch jailbreak solution ZiPhone updated to v2.6b
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!