January 22, 2009 by James
According to the company:
- Apple has sold 4.4 million iPhone units in the December 2008 quarter.
- Apple has sold 13.7 million units of the iPhone in 2008 — well ahead of the 10 million unit goal for the year that they’ve set when they’ve introduced the iPhone.
- Recognized revenue from iPhone handset sales, accessory sales, and carrier payments was $1.25 billion compared to $241 million in the year ago quarter.
- The sales value of iPhones sold was over $2.6 billion.
- There are currently 15,000 apps in the AppStore.
- The AppStore has so far served over half a billion downloads.
So the iPhone is yet again the king of the high end smartphones.
- Apple Reports First Fiscal Quarter Results. 2.3 million iPhones sold
- Can Apple sell 10 Million iPhones this year?
- Apple sells one million iPhones
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!