June 23, 2009 by dennis
Please note that this version of ultrasn0w still does not support the iPhone 3GS!
To run this program you need to download it via Cydia or Icy, which means that first you need to jailbreak your iPhone 3G and install either of these programs. You can do that using the latest versions of redsn0w (which you can download here) or Pwnage tool (download it here).
Installation instructions for ultrasn0w are below:
1. Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS v3.0
2. Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
3. Run Cydia or Icy
4. Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
5. Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
6. Reboot your iPhone 3G
7. T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
- Jailbreak / Unlock iPhone (2G / 3G / 3GS) v3.0.1 firmware with redsn0w / ultrasn0w
- Download: ultrasn0w to unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS (firmware v3.0)
- Download: ultrasn0w v0.9 hack to unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS (firmware v3.0)
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!