November 3, 2010 by Brian
And before you do anything, read the entire release note from The iPhone Dev Team below first.
we’ve also incorporated the limera1n exploit into redsn0w. But we’ve added a few extras:
* custom bootlogos for iPhone3G/iPhone3GS/iPod2G users (with qualifying bootroms)
* an option that implements the “DFU” button in PwnageTool. This button (which you can use from Windows) lets you prepare your device for a custom DFU. Even if you’re purely a Windows user, you can get a trusted friend to run PwnageTool over your IPSW to create a custom IPSW. You can now install that custom IPSW on your own Windows box, after you run this redsn0w version.
For Windows users who have run redsn0w and chosen “Just enter pwned DFU mode right now”, your device is now completely vulnerable. Running iTunes and selecting a custom IPSW from PwnageTool (choose it by pressing Shift+Restore)….you’ve now convinced your device and iTunes to restore to a custom firmware. Congratulations!
If you are timid about software and running these programs…please just wait! Don’t jeopardize your carrier unlock for a firmware upgrade. Wait for even easier methods than this latest redsn0w release.
And here’s another important note: make sure you backup your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella before running redsn0w. Just in case.
By the way you can download iPhone’s IPSW firmware files here (you will need them for redsn0w).
- Download: redsn0w 0.9.6b5 iPhone / iPad / iTouch iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak [Mac / Windows]
- Download: redsn0w 0.9.6b4 to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone, iPad, iTouch
- Download: redsn0w v0.95: iOS 4.0 jailbreak for iPhone 3G, iTouch 2G (Mac / Windows)
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!