How to use iOSFlashVideo webapp to watch flash video sites (Megavideo, Vimeo, Dailymotion +) on iPhone / iPad / iTouch
December 9, 2010 by James
iOSFlashVideo is a rather unique webapp that allows you to play Flash videos from such popular video sites as Megavideo, Vimeo and others on your iOS device. Through your browser and without the need to jailbreak or do anything crazy like that.
This will work with any portable iOS device, such as the iPhone, iPad or iTouch (we’re not sure whether anyone tested this on the Apple TV G2 though, which would be an interesting thing to try).
Currently supported video sites are Blip.tv, Break, Dailymotion, Flickr Video, MegaVideo and Vimeo, but that list may continue to grow.
iFlashVideo is available from – http://www.iosflashvideo.fw.hu
At the same time below are the instructions to install iFlashVideo on your iPhone (it’s actually really easy).
1. For full Megavideo functionality, first install OPlayer (paid) or OPlayer Lite (free) from the AppStore.
2. Open http://www.iosflashvideo.fw.hu on your iOS Device (iPhone, iPad or iPod)
3. Hit the + button, select Add Bookmark and tap the Save button (here you’ve just created a bookmark to the site)
4. Open your bookmarks by tapping the bookmark icon and press Edit
5. Choose iOSFlashVideo
7. Close bookmarks and you are ready
Now when you want to watch a Flash video hosted on Blip.tv, Break, Dailymotion, Flickr Video, MegaVideo or Vimeo, it will work in your iOS Safari Mobile browser.
- How to: install Adobe Flash on iPhone 4 / iPad / iTouch after jailbreak [Frash / Cydia]
- iPhone to receive streaming 1080p video from Vimeo
- How to jailbreak iPhone, iPad, iTouch iOS 4.2.1 with redsn0w 0.9.6b4: guide and video tutorial
Sign up to receive latest iPhone World news and updates via e-mail, RSS, Twitter or Facebook!